Covid compensation for workers
The new law on compensation for lost income linked to measures to fight coronavirus (in French) will be implemented as of 7 April 2021. Here are a few importants points:
- You can recieve compensation for income lost between 17 March and 16 May 2020 because of the coronavirus crisis; you can request this compensation even if you are currently back in the job.
- The compensation will only be granted once, and is capped at CHF 4000.- per month;
- You cannot access this compensation if you have already received other forms of compensation from the State for the same income in the same period (such as RHT, APG, unemployment benefits or social benefits, etc.); however if you have recieved financial aid from an NGO (CSP, Caritas, Croix-Rouge, CCSI, Aspasie, SOS-Femmes), you can still request compensation.
- To be eligible for the compensation, you must have been in Geneva as of March 2019 at the latest (with or without a permit), and have had a job for at least three months when the crisis started.
- Requesting compensation will not have any negative consequences on your permit request or renewal.
CCSI is one of the organizations that can act as a qualified attorney and, if you are currently being followed at CCSI, we can help you through the process to access this compensation as of 12 April 2021. CCSI will not be able to help you if you do not yet have a file with us.
If you meet the criteria above, you can ask for an appointment at CCSI with the person in charge of your case.
You can find more information about the process and requirements on this site (in French).