COVID-19: vaccination, testing, quarantine and healthcare
- If you do not have a health insurance (with or without a permit), you can register for COVID vaccination at Red-Cross. If you are over 16 years of age, have resided in Geneva (with or without a permit) for more than 3 months, and have not been completely vaccinated (2 doses), you can go to the Red-Cross at 9, Route des Acacias, Monday to Friday 9 am to 12 pm and 2 to 5 pm, Saturday 9 am to 12 pm. Please take with you a passport or ID card, and proof of residence in Geneva for the last three months (e.g: rent payments, bills in your name, children’s school documents, language class registration, etc.). Appointments will be given prioritarily to persons over 65 years of age, or persons in close contact with persons over 65 years of age. Registration for vaccination is entirely free. More information here.
- If you have health insurance (with or without a permit), you can register online for a COVID vaccination appointment.
Screening and testing:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell), you must get tested at one of the accredited testing centers to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- The test is free for persons who have symptoms and health insurance. If you don’t have health insurance and cannot afford the test, please contact the HUG social services for an arrangement. If you do not have health insurance, you can make an appointment to get tested at the cantonal hospital (HUG).
- The personal data that is collected is kept confidential. There is no transmission to judicial authorities. If your test comes back positive, you will be contacted by telephone, and the health authorities will take care of contact tracing, respecting the confidentiality of your personal data. Your collaboration in this process is essential.
- It is very important that everyone respect public health regulations in order to reduce the transmission of the infection.
- If you are quarantined by the cantonal medical officer: if you are declared to AVS (whatever your permit, and even if you do not have a permit), you can ask for special COVID replacement income for the duration you are quarantined (allocation perte de gain or APG in French). You can request the form at OCAS or Chèque-service, you only need to fill in one form for all of your employers, and must provide a medical certificate.
- If you have just arrived from one of the countries on this list, you must announce your arrival to health authorities within 48h by filling in this form. You must also remain at home for 10 days.
In case of a medical emergency, do not hesitate to go to the emergency service at the cantonal hospital (HUG) or to call 144 (vital emergency). For children, you can go to the children’s hospital emergency service. For non-urgent medical care, if you do not have health insurance in Switzerland, you can go to CAMSCO.
4, rue Hugo-de-Senger
1205 Genève (see map here)
Public transport: Tram 15: Uni-Mail; Bus 1, trams 12, 13: Pont d’Arve
Telephone: +41 (0)22 372 53 11, Monday to Friday 8.30 to 11.30 am and 2 to 4.30 pm
Opening hours for walk-in consultations (30 patients per day):
Monday 8.30 – 11 am
Tuesday 8.30 – 11 am
Wednesday 1.30 – 4 pm
Thursday 8.30 – 11 am
Friday 8.30 – 11 am
CAMSCO also sees patients on appointment from Monday to Friday. For semi-urgent cases, you can make an appointment online for a consultation at Hugo-de-Senger here: https://www.hug.ch/medecine-premier-recours/consultation-camsco-rdv-en-ligne